Volunteering for YWCA Yorkshire
YWCA Yorkshire offers a range of volunteering opportunities to include fundraising, working in our highly successful charity shop, or engaging in direct work with our clients. Volunteering is a great way of meeting new people, learning new skills and improving your employment prospects whilst donating your time and skills to a good cause. Many of our volunteer roles do not require any experience or specialist skills, and we will provide all the training and information that you need. All we require for the majority of our roles is your time, energy and enthusiasm. Volunteers receive a thorough induction and will be given training and support when joining the charity. If you are interested in volunteering for YWCA Yorkshire, please download a Volunteer application form here and email this to email@example.com. If you have any questions please email Louise or contact her on 01709 703471.
- Attending local events such as fetes and galas to promote the work of YWCA Yorkshire
- Attending and helping with the organisation of events
- Sourcing and placing collection boxes in local establishments
Working in our charity shop in Sheffield offers the opportunity to gain skills and confidence and meet new people. The role typically involves:
- Serving customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Sorting and organising the stockroom so that the area is kept in order
- Working behind the scenes to help to hang, size, steam and price stock
- Making sure all stock is safe and in working order
- Helping to keep the shop clean and tidy
- Looking through our donations to select and sort the quality stock for the shop floor
- Using your creative side to display items and make our shop look appealing and attractive.
For information on volunteering to work in the charity shop please contact Sue Mastrototaro on 0114 2739256. Download a Volunteer application form here.